Prostate imaging and focal therapy masterclass 2018
Date(s) - 06/04/2018 - 07/04/2018
Queen’s Tower Rooms
This masterclass provides a space for healthcare professionals that are interested in new diagnostic techniques and minimally invasive approaches to treat prostate cancer. It will give them an opportunity to get to grips with integrating these technologies and techniques into their practice. The course will focus on teaching practical elements while providing a solid academic foundation of the benefits of this new modern approach.
Key learning objectives are:
- How to carry out and look at multi-parametric MRI scans from the perspective of a non-radiology healthcare professional.
- Different forms of prostate targeted biopsies including visually directed and MRI/Ultrasound fusion biopsy.
- Focal treatment principles, including learning about the differing focal treatment energy modalities and how to select the appropriate energy for each case.
- Principles for performing salvage treatments for failure after radiotherapy and focal therapy.
- The integration of radiology and urology departments for an integrated image-based treatment and diagnostic pathway.