Benign prostate diseases
Date(s) - 08/10/2019
Royal Society of Medicine
This meeting will focus exclusively on benign prostatic conditions, often neglected due to the deserved attention devoted to prostate cancer. We will explore both bacterial and non-bacterial prostatitis, and benign prostatic enlargement, a condition which affects the majority of men over the age of fifty. This meeting is aimed at consultant and specialist trainee urologists and surgeons.
This meeting will:
- Increase the awareness and understanding of prostatitis in particular non-bacterial, addressing the aetiology, pathology and management of this difficult condition
- Discuss the pathophysiology of benign prostatic enlargement
- Examine the development of treatments for the condition
- Introduce and discuss the efficacy of some of the newer treatment modalities, many of which have received considerable press attention recently
- Help provide guidelines for individually tailored treatment, facilitated by case discussions and debate.