Prostate imaging and focal therapy masterclass 2019
Date(s) - 05/04/2019 - 06/04/2019
Sir Alexander Flemming Building
The faculty’s teaching objectives over this two day course are to provide a practical understanding of:
- How to carry out and look at multi-parametric MRI scans from the perspective of a non-radiology healthcare professional.
- Different forms of prostate targeted biopsies including visually directed and MRI/Ultrasound fusion biopsy including when biopsy can be avoided in newly referred patients.
- Focal treatment principles including learning about the differing focal treatment energy modalities and how to select the appropriate energy for each case.
- Principles for performing salvage treatments for failure after radiotherapy and focal therapy.
- The integration of radiology and urology departments for an integrated image-based treatment and diagnostic pathway.